INSTRUMENT KNOWLEDGE WRITTEN PREPARATION COURSE
Classes held monthly
Program: 3-Day Comprehensive Extended Weekend Course.
Facilitated by Advanced Flight Instructor with extensive knowledge of FAA regulatory and airman’s certification standards (ACS).
Course fee: $490 (not including *knowledge exam fee – approved test center)
FAA approved training manuals recommended for purchase prior to ground school. (not included in course fee)
*Knowledge exam endorsement provided upon successful quiz completion.
• Instrument Flight Rules Requirements (certification and equipment)
• Flight Instruments and Attitude Flying
• Airspace and the En Route Environment
• Meteorology and Weather Services and Theory
• Radio Navigation Aids
• Air Traffic Control (ATC)
• Instrument Approach Charts and Instrument Approaches (including Tower En Route Routes (TEC) and Preferred Routes
• Precision Instrument Approaches
• Non-Precision including LPV
• Holding Procedures
• Flight Planning
• Aeromedical Factors and Emergency Operations
• Risk Management and Mitigation
Requirements for Ground School
E6B Navigation Computer, Electronic AND Manual
Pencils, pens and note pad
Reference Material (recommended)
Low En Route Chart
Airman Certification Standards (instrument) PDF
Instrument Flying Handbook FAA-H-8083-15B PDF
Aviation Weather FAA AC 00-6A
Advanced Aviation Weather (Peter F. Lester)
Chart Supplement (Hard Copy)
Daily itinerary including subject area breakdown, lesson quizzes and breaks provided after receipt of class reservation and fee*. (*fee can be paid on day one of selected class)
In order to be fully prepared for the ground school, we recommend fee payment is made at least one week prior to the selected course start date and following receipt of class confirmation. This will allow time to review the itinerary and order of subjects covered.
Request for payment and options for payment will be provided with class placement confirmation. On receipt of payment a welcome package will be sent by email including class schedule subject modules and timetable.
Class location details in central Bishop provided following placement confirmation.
Book your place now
Copyright © 2020 GFT Aviation – All Rights Reserved.