MULTI-ENGINE ADD-ON (PRIVATE & COMMERCIAL COMBINED GROUND SCHOOL) PREPARATION COURSE
An applicant for a multi-engine rating is typically already a private or commercial pilot.
Note: There is no FAA written exam for a multi-engine add-on rating. However, you will need to have acquired multi-engine knowledge (performance, aerodynamics, single-engine performance, emergency operations, etc.) only for your practical test, or checkride.
Further, to receive a multi-engine add-on rating under Federal Regulations Part 61, you’ll need to be trained on the aircraft’s performance and limitations, aircraft systems, performance maneuvers, single-engine operations, spin awareness, emergency operations, and instrument approaches (single-engine). The latter of which if you wish to have an instrument rating with your multi-engine certificate.
Program: 2-Day Comprehensive Mid-Week Course.
Facilitated by Advanced Flight Instructor with extensive knowledge of FAA regulatory and airman’s certification standards (ACS).
Course fee: $290 (not including *knowledge exam fee – approved test center)
FAA approved training manuals recommended for purchase prior to ground school. (not included in course fee)
• The Multi-Engine Add-On Rating (Overview and expectations of the FAA)
• Multi-Engine Aerodynamics
• Multi-Engine Airplane Systems
• Multi-Engine Airplane Safety Considerations
• Multi-Engine Airplane Performance and Weight-and-Balance
• Multi-Engine Airplane Normal Operations
• Multi-Engine Airplane Abnormal and Emergency Operations
• Your FAA Practical Test
• Instrument Flying Skills (optional) Recommended to permit flight under IFR regulations.
Requirements for Ground School
Pencils, pens and note pad
• Multi Engine Pilot Manual Thoburn Cassady Lyon
• Multi-Engine Oral Exam Guide: Michael D. Hayes
• Instrument Pilot Oral Exam Guide: Michael D. Hayes
• Airman Certification Standards: Instrument Rating – Airplane: FAA-S-ACS-8B.1 (Airman Certification. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
• Airman Certification Standards: Commercial Pilot – Airplane: FAA-S-ACS-7A.1 (Airman Certification. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
In order to be fully prepared for the ground school, we recommend fee payment is made at least one week prior to the selected course start date and following receipt of class confirmation. This will allow time to review the itinerary and order of subjects covered.
Request for payment and options for payment will be provided with class placement confirmation. On receipt of payment a welcome package will be sent by email including class schedule subject modules and timetable.
Class location details in Central Bishop provided following placement confirmation.
Book your place now
Copyright © 2020 GFT Aviation – All Rights Reserved.